Sunday, January 6, 2008

Thinking of donating codebase to Ext js

I'm thoroughly impressed by Ext js. I feel this strong urge to donate some of my time, knowledge and code to the project. And relicence my junk under lgpl.

Currently, I have no clue as to where to begin modifying my existing code to fit into the ext-way of doing things. I have to study how they (the architects of Ext js) think and how they build libraries.

I suspect that there are many gems hidden in the big mass of complexity they call Ext js. But it shouldn't be impossible.

I understand they already have a drag and drop component, I haven't tried it out yet. I don't know how easy it is to adapt it to support multiple target drag and drop, and swap behaviour.

I'll create a few examples of my own, and in due process merge my jsTool stuff to the Ext core.

Wish me luck.

No comments: